- Frequently Asked Questions
How to choose manufacturer?• Before the start of construction work, your mechanic can inform you and advise you on the appropriate type of your frames.
• In order to choose manufacturer collect information (choose previous clients) regarding the quality and consistency of their work and ask to see previous projects.
• Prefer a meeting to the workshop or to the exhibition venue in order to get a first impression of the level of equipment and organization.
• See any quality or training certifications. Exalco certifies its manufacturers through educational seminars throughout Greece for the proper construction of its systems. Also the CE marking is mandatory in the frames of the EU and helps you to compare yields of each product and also to see that the manufacturer has a production control system.
• You'd always ask for certified products. Exalco is certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001:2004, a certification regarding the Environmental Management Policy. It has also been certified to the standards of OHSAS 18001:2007, regarding Hygiene and Safety of workers. Also its products have CE certification and Qualicoat signals for Electrostatic painting and Qualanod for anodizing. Also tests the window frames of an internationally recognized Institutes in order to withstand even the toughest conditions.
Reasons to choose aluminum:• Higher durability and use regardless of weather condition.
• Unlimited choices in paint colors and wood shades.
• The manufacturers of aluminum are found in every neighborhood.
• Does not absorb moisture and thus there is no danger for corrosion.
• Will not rust
• Stiffer material for higher resistance to distortion of the building.
• Requires minimum maintenance.
• 100% recyclable and no non-toxic.
• Very good mechanical properties
• Unlimited chooses regarding architectural applications and design.
Reasons to choose thermal break:• Offer discounted rates transmittance compared to simple aluminum profile.• Thermal break allows a significant reduction in transfer of heat (or cooling) passing through the indoor environment abroad (or vice versa).• Reduce condensation on the surface of the frame and other adjacent smooth surfaces within the room• Energy saving since the increase in insulation obtained with thermal break can bring up to 1/3 reduction of heat dissipation that is through the frame cold periods and greatly reduce energy losses for air conditioning in.
Reasons to replace the old frames:• Reduce Heating-Cooling costs. You can achieve savings on fuel• Better Soundproofing• The building is resistant to environmental loads such as extreme weather conditions (sudden change cold-heat, wind, environmental pollution)
Things to take care of during construction:• The manufacturer starts work to the building after the builder and before the plasterers.• It is proposed the installed false frame to be galvanized in order not to corrosive.
• Color or anodizing?
Anodization enhances the corrosion behavior of the aluminum and is considered as processing the metal itself. Recommended for seaside areas or for areas with many pollutants. Available in limited colors.The Paint offers unlimited choice of colors. It is consider to be a further layer of the aluminum which enhances the corrosion behavior.
• Sign a private agreement before any payment of money that you have agreed and refer to the expected timetable.• Choose only certified and reliable components such as seals, rollers, handles, hinges, locks, etc. Exalco specifies the correct procedures regarding production and placement of systems and propose appropriate and certified components for each system.• Prefer frames with thermal in areas with extreme weather conditions for better insulation.• Always check if there is indication of Exalco authenticity in your new windows. The specific film also guarantees protection from any stains or oxidation which could occur from contact with concrete, lime or varnish. The film is removed immediately after placement. Any extended stay and a parallel sun exposure can cause stains.
MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS:• Maintenance should be done by averaging four times a year or more if the building is located in a coastal area or in an area which is exposed to the atmosphere of high pollutant.• Always start from the top of the frame downwards.• Remove the dust with a brush with soft nylon fiber (simple broom).• Wash with PH-neutral detergent or just water and wiped with a soft clean cloth.• Do not use launchers pressure liquid detergent or other similar systems as they wear the surface.• Prefer to clean the painted windows in hours with no sunlight.• For better energy efficiency of the frame, it is necessary every two years or so to keep a check by experienced professionals on specific parts of the frame that affect performance.